Drostanolone (trademark Masteron 200) – an anabolic steroid which is produced in the form of propionate and enanthate esters. Masteron 200 has a high androgenic activity and a moderate anabolic effect. Masteron does not aromatize in the body (that is, does not turn into estrogen). Drostanolone is similar in its biological action to dihydrotestosterone, since it is a derivative of this hubbone (Masteron’s chemical formula is 2a-methyl-dihydro-testosterone propionate). In medicine, Masteron is used as a treatment for breast cancer in women, but due to the high likelihood of virilization, it is currently hardly used.
Masteron 200 Effects
- Without a doubt, the most effective drug will act during cutting. However, for a noticeable result, the athlete must follow a strict diet. Therefore, the drug is used in the last stage of drying, when the percentage of subcutaneous fat is already quite small (no more than 10%).
- Muscles become stiff, hard, elastic.
- The skin becomes thinner, the venousness increases.
- Much marked muscle fibers.
- Moderate growth of strength, accelerated recovery, increased endurance without undesirable weight gain.
- Does not aromatize, does not cause side effects associated with estrogen.
- Does not cause gynecomastia.
- Does not detain fluid in the body.
- Masteron is not a hepatotoxic anabolic steroid and does not imply damage to the liver.
- A rather strong manifestation of virilization symptoms in women.
- Acne, acne on the face and body.
- Loss or intense hair growth.
- Increasing LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol) and lowering HDL cholesterol (“good” cholesterol).
- Significantly inhibits the production of your own testosterone. After the cycle, exogenous steroid hormones are eliminated, production resumes.
The optimal effect of the drug is achieved when using a dosage of about 400-500 mg per week. A larger increase in dosage does not lead to a significant improvement in results. Given that propionate has a short chain, drostanolone propionate must be administered 3 times a week (or every other day).
Due to the high affinity of Drostanolone for androgen receptors and its androgenic properties, it is recommended to combine this drug with steroids such as Winstrol or Oxandrolone. Winstrol to a lesser extent interacts with androgen receptors with a reduced concentration of sex hormone-binding globulin, so the combination will have a pronounced synergistic effect during the drying cycle.
For a set of muscle mass, it is recommended to combine Masteron and Testosterone propionate, however, in this case, production of own testosterone is largely suppressed. Therefore, during long cycles it is necessary to use gonadotropin. Also, it is often advised to combine Masteron and Trenbolone or Boldenone.